Oman is home to countless natural attractions which can be enjoyed during the various seasons. Come and observe the diversity of Oman from the beautiful wadis flowing through the rugged mountains to the endless sea of golden sands to the stunning coastline in Oman’s governate of Al Sharqiyah.
In this 2-day excursion, discover many natural attractions beginning from Muscat toward Wadi Bani Khalid’s deep blue waters where the shade of the palm trees invites you for a relaxing siesta. Catch a glimpse of the beautiful villages scattered all over Wadi Bani Khalid as they cling precariously to the slopes of the mountainside. Proceed from here to the Wahiba Sands, the vast desert of Oman where you get the chance to see the traditional homes of the Bedouins. Choose a camp in which to spend the night in the Omani desert and admire the starry sky surrounded by beautiful silence.
After a lovely night camping in the desert, continue on to Qalhat where Bibi Maryam is located – an area rich in history and heritage sites. From Qalhat, you will go on towards Wadi Tiwi and explore the spectacularly deep and narrow gorge carved out of the mountains. After visiting the Wadi, we continue to the white beaches of Finns where a picnic lunch will be served. Also, visit the Bimah Sinkhole, a natural hole in the ground created by a collapsing mountain. The sinkhole is filled with beautiful blue-green sea water. Finally, conclude the tour by passing through the village of Quriyat before returning to Muscat.
4WD vehicle with an English-speaking guide/driver
Pick up and drop off to a hotel in Muscat
Accommodation in a desert camp
Water and juice during the road trip and the overnight stay in the camp
Day1 - lunch in a local restaurant and dinner; Day 2 - breakfast and a picnic lunch
Stunning views of the Omani desert, coastline, heritage sites, and lush wadis
What's Not Included
Walking / Hiking shoes
2 Al Nessnass St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
USD 739 for
DAY 1: Muscat, Wadi Bani Khalid, and Sur
* Breakfast in the hotel starts at 7:00 AM
* 08:00 AM - Pick up time from the hotel and check out.
* Drive to Wadi Bani Khalid. Take a tour with a guide and enjoy the fantastic view. Lunch is at a local restaurant after which we drive to the Wahiba Sands. The Wahiba Sands is the traditional home of the nomads and the Bedouins, so it is common to see them moving through the desert with their camels. In the middle of the desert, we will stop to visit a Bedouin home. After this, we drive to and check into to camp. Choose a camp to spend your night in the desert; this is a remarkable experience that starts with a golden sunset, continues with a densely-starred sky, and concludes with the soft light of a desert dawn.
* Overnight in the camp
DAY 2: Sur and Coastal Road to Muscat
* Breakfast in the camp starts at 7:00 AM. Check out.
* 08:30 AM: pick-up time for the tour.
* Start your journey back to Muscat passing Sur and visit the fishing harbor where you can witness the fishermen in action. Proceed on to the Dhow building yard. Dhows are traditional Omani wooden fishing boats that are built by hand even in today’s day and age.
*Continue via Qalhat where Bibi Miriam's tomb (photo stop from the main highway) is located before proceeding to Wadi Tiwi. This wadi is another spectacularly deep and narrow gorge carved out of the mountains running between towering cliffs right down to the sea. After visiting the Wadi, we continue to the white beaches of Finns where a picnic lunch will be served. Also, visit the Bimah Sinkhole, a natural hole in the ground created by a collapsing mountain. The hole is filled with beautiful blue-green sea water. Finally, pass through the village of Quriyat before returning to Muscat.